Women's Legacy Fund Grants
Women’s Legacy Fund
The Women’s Legacy Fund of the Montgomery County Community Foundation makes grants to local nonprofits with a mission to support women and/or their children in Montgomery County. The 2020 Women's Legacy grants were awarded in June, please see details below.
• Projects that serve women and children in Montgomery County will be considered for Women’s Legacy Fund (WLF) grants.
• It is anticipated that organizations receiving a grant will use it in a one-year period from June 2021 to May 2022.
• Contact WLF Co-President Karen Thada, firstname.lastname@example.org with questions related to the grants and their purposes.
• For questions about the application procedures, contact MCCF Grants Director Cheryl Keim at email@example.com.
- Complete the WLF Grant Application by noon on Friday, March 26. The application is found on the How to Apply page; scroll down to the bottom of that page and click START a new Women's Legacy Fund Grant Application.
- The WLF Steering Committee evaluates all applications and selects finalists . All applicants will be notified via email of their status.
- Finalists will be invited to present their project to the WLF full membership.
- The full WLF membership reviews and votes on the finalists’ proposals.
- Successful grantees are expected to give a verbal progress report to the WLF membership on Thursday, December 2, 2021, 6:30 p.m., location to be announced.
- Final written reports will be due May 31, 2022.
The Women's Legacy Fund awarded $12,690 in grants in 2020.
• CARA (Crawfordsville Adult Resource Academy) received $4,000 to help address the barriers women often face in pursuing their High School Equivalency diploma such as childcare, transportation, and the cost of taking the exam.
• Purdue Extension received $1,500 for Chef University, an after-school cooking school for youth in grades 3-5.
• New Beginnings Child Care received $7,190 for general operating support.
If interested in becoming a member, visit the Women’s Legacy Fund page under the “Giving” tab.