MCCF Internship Opportunity Now Available
Published: April 23, 2019
As summer approaches, the Montgomery County Community Foundation is seeking a Data Analyst Support Intern. Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited Indiana college or university.
Time Requirement: 30-35 hours per week during the summer
The Montgomery County Community Foundation’s mission is to build bridges to support the future of Montgomery County. Our county is comprised of several small, rural communities and our office is located in Crawfordsville, Indiana.
Incorporated in 1991, the Community Foundation is designed for one primary purpose: to receive charitable contributions and invest and manage them as a permanent endowment according to the charitable intentions of our donors. Typically, the charitable gifts come from individuals, families, organizations, corporations, and other foundations. The income earned on the endowed fund is distributed each year for the purpose defined by the fund creator. It is through these earnings that the Community Foundation has provided a total of over $19 million in grants and scholarships benefiting the Montgomery County community.
Internship Program Overview:
This internship is designed to provide the intern meaningful projects and opportunities to help the intern develop work related skills while assisting the Community Foundation on various projects directly related to its mission. The hours are flexible, but would be approximately 30 to 35 hours per week during the summer.
General Intern Responsibilities:
- Gather community data related to key metrics for the Montgomery County community
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in data
- Work with management to prioritize information to create a community dashboard
- Research local data and initiate discussions with local experts to analyze and interpret the data
- Perform administrative and office support activities for the Community Foundation staff members and especially the Executive Director
- To field telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, and filing
- Assist with scanning fund file agreements and grant applications into an electronic filing system
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and Web searches.
- Ability to analyze data.
- Ability to write reports.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail
Reports to the Executive Director. Works with all staff and Board and committee volunteers
Resumes will be accepted until the position has been filled for the summer of 2019. Upon reviewing the resumes, interviews will be conducted with promising candidates. Candidates chosen for interviews will have the opportunity to meet the Community Foundation staff and further explore each of the following opportunities. While the Foundation does our best to place students in the internships of their choice, job descriptions and placement are subject to change, or to be combined, based upon our ability to place interns in the areas of greatest need.
To Apply: Please submit resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com or by mail to MCCF, PO Box 334, Crawfordsville, IN 47933 by Friday, May 3. Selected candidates will be contacted to schedule interviews.
Kelly Taylor, Executive Director
Montgomery County Community Foundation
PO Box 334
Crawfordsville, IN 47933