Amber Powers Sparks Scholarship
Requirements: Southmont graduate, 2.0+ GPA
Amber Powers Sparks grew up in Ladoga and was a Kindergarten teacher at Ladoga Elementary School. She co-organized the Riley Read-a-thon which raised over $5,000 for the hospital and organized Earth Day activities at the school. A student athlete herself, she was also a former girls Tennis and Volleyball coach at Southmont. She co-chaired the Making Strides Cancer Walk two years. She was the Dollars for Scholars Teacher of Excellence in 2013 for Southmont. She grew up in the Ladoga Christian Church and she and her husband Jon attended Liberty Chapel. The Amber Powers Sparks Scholarship seeks to recognize a student with Amber’s zest for life, and love for community and will provide a $1,000 scholarship toward tuition and fees to a Southmont High School senior to attend an accredited two or four year college or university. The scholarship will be awarded for one year only and is not renewable.
- Be a graduate in good standing from Southmont High School by the end of June in the year that the application is submitted
- Be enrolled and attend an accredited two or four year private college or university
- Must have a minimum grade point average of 2.0 based on a 4.0 scale
- Must have completed a minimum of ten (10) trimesters by the application deadline to be eligible to apply for the Sparks Scholarship
- Be a resident of Montgomery County, Indiana and have lived in Montgomery County, Indiana for at least the past two years
- You are not eligible to apply if you are a 21st Century scholar
- Complete the online MCCF Standard Scholarship application. Check here for updated scholarship application due date and information.
- Be prepared to write an essay (100-300 words) identifying your favorite children's book and explain why it is special to you.