Cory Knecht Memorial Scholarship
Requirements: Strong work ethic, good character, citizenship
The Cory Knecht Memorial Scholarship was established to honor the memory of Cory Knecht. The Cory Knecht Memorial Scholarship is awarded to graduates of Crawfordsville High School who will be attending a college or university. Selection is based on scholarship in high school, citizenship, and service to his/her high school and to the community. Preference will be given to those students who have other family members who are full-time college students. Applicants must show a desire to pursue and achieve a college education.
The Cory Knecht Memorial Scholarship Fund will provide a scholarship toward tuition and fees for a student from a public Montgomery County High School who is enrolled and will attend an accredited two-or four-year public or private institution in the state of Indiana. The scholarship will be awarded for one year only and is not renewable.
- Be a graduate in good standing from Crawfordsville High School by the end of June of the year in which the application is filed
- Must have completed a minimum of ten (10) trimesters by the application deadline to be eligible to apply for the Cory Knecht Memorial Scholarship
- Must have a minimum C or better average for seven semesters of high school
- Be a resident of Montgomery County, Indiana and have lived in Montgomery County, Indiana for the previous two years
- Be accepted into and attend an accredited two-year or four-year public or private college or university
- This scholarship is not intended for the student with the highest GPA but rather for the student with average grades who demonstrates motivation, character, ability and potential. Therefore, students must be ranked in the top one-half of his/her graduating class, but not among the top 10
- 21st Century Scholar award winners are NOT eligible for this scholarship
- Good character and excellent citizenship will be taken into consideration
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and potential for success in college
- Complete the online MCCF Standard Scholarship application - due January 15th, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
- Be prepared to write an essay (500 word maximum)
- Be prepared to write a personal statement (500 word maximum)