Summer Internship Opportunity at MCCF
Published: April 28, 2021
As summer approaches, the Montgomery County Community Foundation is seeking a Marketing and Administrative Support Intern. Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited Indiana college or university.
The Montgomery County Community Foundation’s mission is to build bridges to support the future of Montgomery County. Our county is comprised of several small, rural communities and our office is located in Crawfordsville, Indiana.
Incorporated in 1991, the Community Foundation is designed for one primary purpose: to receive charitable contributions and invest and manage them as a permanent endowment according to the charitable intentions of our donors. Typically, the charitable gifts come from individuals, families, organizations, corporations, and other foundations. The income earned on the endowed fund is distributed each year for the purpose defined by the fund creator. It is through these earnings that the Community Foundation has provided a total of over $23 million in grants and scholarships benefiting the Montgomery County community.
Internship Program Overview:
This internship is designed to provide the intern meaningful projects and opportunities to help the intern develop work related skills while assisting the Community Foundation on various projects directly related to its mission. The hours are flexible, but would be approximately 30 to 35 hours per week during the summer.
Time Requirement: 30-35 hours per week
- Assist with marketing campaign and development of marketing materials
- Assist with design of digital media campaigns aligned with business goals
- Coordinate the creation of digital content (e.g. website, social media and press releases)
- Develop a mobile app of resources for board members
- Perform administrative and office support activities for the Community Foundation staff members and especially the CEO
- To field telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, and filing
- Assist with scanning fund file agreements and grant applications into an electronic filing system
- Assist with assembling the Summer Newsletter, creating address labels through mail merge, preparing for bulk mail
- May assist with preparing media releases for grant awards
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, mail merges, email and Web searches.
- Proficient with Adobe software including InDesign, Illustrator and Premiere Pro.
- Experience with editing videos.
- Excellent grammar skills.
- Individual must be a strong communicator, have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Strong organizational skills.
Reports to the Executive Director. Works with all staff and Board and committee volunteers
Resumes will be accepted until the position has been filled for the summer of 2021. Upon reviewing the resumes, interviews will be conducted with promising candidates. Candidates chosen for interviews will have the opportunity to meet the Community Foundation staff and further explore each of the following opportunities. While the Foundation does our best to place students in the internships of their choice, job descriptions and placement are subject to change, or to be combined, based upon our ability to place interns in the areas of greatest need.
Please submit resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com or by mail to MCCF, PO Box 334, Crawfordsville, IN 47933 by Friday, May 7. Selected candidates will be contacted to schedule interviews.
Kelly Taylor, Chief Executive Officer
Montgomery County Community Foundation
PO Box 334
Crawfordsville, IN 47933