MCCF Hiring Chief Financial Officer
Published: September 27, 2021
Position: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
This position includes responsibility for all financial and investment activities of the Foundation. This position includes responsibility for all accounting, budgeting, investment administration, fiscal management and audit facilitation. The successful candidate will have experience with fund accounting methodologies and have a comprehensive understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Minimum three years’ experience in financial management
- Comprehensive understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Associates degree in general business required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Sharp attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of financial software programs
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work independently
- Experience with and understanding of systems related to fund accounting, financial reporting and general office operations
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee accounting functions for all Foundation activity
- Responsible for Accounts Payable (vendors, grants, scholarships)
- Complete all journal entries and posting to the general ledger and balance all accounts
- Monthly reconciliation of bank accounts and investment statements to the general ledger
- Prepare monthly financial reports (operating budget, individual fund accounts, income statement, balance sheet)
- Prepare annual operating budget
- Prepare work papers for the annual audit
- Prepare supporting information for 990 and other annual tax filings
- Quarterly unitization of endowed gifts
- Account for all gifts and funds received at the Foundation
- Maintain rolling quarter fund balances as set forth in the Distribution Policy
- Prepare payroll and related state and federal filings
- Oversee technology needs
- Oversee facilities management
- Additional duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
Interested applicants can direct questions and submit resumes to Kelly Taylor, CEO, at email@example.com.