The Montgomery County Community Foundation (MCCF) and Hoosier Heartland State Bank (HHSB) are pleased to offer the Bridge Builder Nonprofit Loan Program to Montgomery County nonprofit organizations.
Our nonprofit community is facing many challenges and limited fundraising opportunities. MCCF and HHSB regularly support local nonprofits with grants and donations but know that grant funding may not address all of the needs of organizations. This program offers low-interest loans to recognized 501(c)(3) organizations serving Montgomery County residents and is intended to act as an additional option to help meet unfulfilled operating and program needs.
Types of Qualifying Loans
- Loans for operating needs, projects, and programs will be considered for the Bridge Builder Nonprofit Loan Program.
- The minimum loan amount that can be requested is $10,000. Maximum amounts vary and will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Loan terms will vary with a maximum of five years.
- Low to 0% interest
- HHSB will determine if collateral is required on a case-by-case basis.
How to Apply:
1. Schedule a Meeting with MCCF
- Nonprofits are invited to meet with MCCF and complete an initial screening to determine eligibility. If an organization meets the requirements, they will be referred to HHSB to begin the loan process.
Note: To fully proceed, a Loan Consideration Agreement must be executed by the nonprofit and signed by MCCF. This document allows MCCF and HHSB to share information regarding the organization and loan progress.
2. HHSB Processes the Loan
- HHSB will process the loan using standard loan requirements. The nonprofit will be required to submit detailed financial reports (Income Statements) for the 3 preceding years of operations, along with a current year-to-date Income Statement.
3. Review by HHSB
- HHSB will review documentation and perform appropriate underwriting inquiries, then issue a recommendation for approval or denial to MCCF.
4. Final Review & Next Steps
- Using the recommendation and other information from HHSB, MCCF will conduct a final review and make the overall decision regarding the approval or rejection of a loan.
- Nonprofits will be notified of their status when a decision has been made. If approved, MCCF will work with the organization to finalize terms of the loan and complete necessary documents.